*Liv* (oleangel3)

is anyone having a problem connecting with their advisors? i’ve been trying to contact an advisor that i regularly talk to for the past 5 days and everytime i click to connect it says they cannot accept the call at this time. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? it says that they’re online and ready to chat and as soon as i press enter that pop up comes up and its been like that for some time now. thanks

over 13 years ago

Miss Ann (missann)

Did the advisor block you? Are you having that trouble with other advisors? Are you managing to try to ring this person as they’re signing off?

I do know that sometimes while in busy, while with one client, somehow, someone will manage to get through to me and I really have no choice but to hit decline or let it ring out, as it wouldn’t be fair to the client to whom I’m already speaking.

Write to the advisor directly and tell them you’re having a problem getting through. If they answer and you’re not blocked, it’s probably some sort of technical issue. But if you don’t get a reply in a day or two, you’ll probably have your answer.

over 13 years ago

ad (ay05)

Yes I’ve been trying to contact my advisor and none of my attempts went through.. I got the same message saying they can’t accept the call, so maybe it’s a technical issue with their server or Bitwine server?

over 13 years ago

Angel Sound (clairvoyantvision)

Try messaging or restart your computer and try again.

over 13 years ago